Sunday, April 17, 2016

                                                 MEDICANT


RAW MATERIAL #1




RAW MATERIAL #2




RAW MATERIAL #3




RAW MATERIAL #4




BREACH




ARTIST STATEMENT

I must, to begin, accept that my life will always be haunted by the specters of loss. And so the objects I create begin at sites of memory and of mourning - a cemetery, the home of a loved one, or a historical site to which I can connect emotionally. I collect earth and objects from these spaces, sometimes leaving what I can in their place and sometimes incorporating the sacrifice of irreplaceable objects into my work. These rituals constitute my creative process: they are confrontational and cathartic, they are based firmly in the physical world through a tangible relationship with place but also inhabit my mental world, and the beauty or art that they create are incidental.